Over Payments Received From the Government

You may have received an overpayment of unemployment benefits, social security and the government has been asking for reimbursement.  This type of debt can generally be discharged in a bankruptcy even though it’s the government you owe the money to.  But be careful.  If it’s the Federal Government you owe the reimbursement to you must give notice to the US Atty. Rule 2002(j)(4).
Related Posts
  • Discharging Taxes in Bankruptcy Read More
  • Keeping a Credit Card, Omitting a Creditor Read More
  • Some Bankruptcy Considerations in Marriage, Divorce and after Death of Spouse Read More